Looking back on the year of 2018 in food service, we’ve witnessed technological advancements in operations, the release of Genpak’s new products Clover and ProView, and at the heart of it all, new food trends that won the appetites of consumers. One of the most popular food trends stemmed from health consciousness, and it has been a driving force behind consumer food diet this year. Highly requested on the ordering app of America’s top delivery service, GrubHub, these new food cravings made their way to their list of top 10 most ordered foods. According to GrubHub’s latest food report, the bean burrito superseded some of America’s most beloved meals like the baby back pork rib (coming in 4th place) and the chicken sandwich (coming in 6th). Take a look below and let us know what your top favorites are from the list.
- Bean burrito (276% more popular)
- Poke (205% more popular)
- Chicken slider (189% more popular)
- Baby back pork rib (165% more popular)
- Chicken burrito (164% more popular)
- Chicken sandwich (160% more popular)
- Cauliflower rice bowl (155% more popular)
- Chicken and waffle slider (145% more popular)
- Parmesan chicken (139% more popular)
- Buffalo cauliflower (124% more popular)
Genpak offers convenient food packaging solutions so that consumers can enjoy their favorite food items in a convenient way. They are microwave safe for hot food any time, vented for freshness and crispness, and recycled into decking, toys and nonfood times. They are also compostable, leak resistant, and stackable to save space. Contact us to learn more about our best selections or customer’s most ordered packaging. For more information, click here.