From time to time companies launch products that have the chance to make a real impact on the way we view things. For the food packaging industry, this is one of those times. Generations is the very first of its kind; foam food service packaging that is produced using 25% post consumer recycled content. What makes this so special you ask? Well let’s cover the highlights.
- Purchasing products that contain post consumer recycled (PCR) content such as Generations, help divert millions of pounds of materials from landfills.
- Products manufactured with PCR content help keep jobs domestic.
- Generations foam food packaging products use less natural resources as a result of the PCR content.
- Patronizing products with PCR content will help support local recycling programs. Remember, if there is no after-market for the recycled material, recycling efforts will fail. Generations foodservice packaging fills that previously unmet market.
- Using Generations products helps sustain the environment for future generations.
And last but certainly not least…
- Generations foam food packaging provides an economical solutions for customers that want a greener packaging profile but can’t quite afford some of the expensive alternatives available today.
Now, I’m not a big fan of throwing stones at the competition, but I do feel compelled to make you aware of claims being made regarding “recycled content” in foam packaging. Here is the straight skinny on that. Most all foam food packaging companies, us included, have always used their own internal scrap back into the production of their products. That is just standard operating procedure. Nothing new or special about it. But some companies are making claims that mislead consumers to believe their products contain post consumer recycled content. Don’t be fooled into thinking this is the case. Look for the words “post consumer” and only then you’ll be certain of the source for the recycled content.
In case you didn’t click the link up top, I’ll tell you our Generations brand products will consist of large & medium hinged dinner containers, large sandwich container, large all purpose container and a 5 compartment school tray. We should have all these products in stock and ready for sale by mid June. If you are traveling to the National Restaurant show this weekend (5/5), stop by our booth (#4045) and you can see some of the products first hand.
Tags: food packaging, Food packaging trends, foodservice packaging