- NYC bans foam. I can’t say I’m surprised. The ACC representative does a great job summing this mess up.
- Restaurants post a great December! Is it really due to low gas prices?
- NYC Chinese restaurant owners upset with new ban on foam. Note that fines won’t be imposed until next January. Yeah I’m sure de Blasio can rally the police down there to his side.
- New materials are being developed to act as a replacement to petrochemical resins. This article talks about using crustacean shells. The interesting point is in the second to last paragraph where someone points out that alternatives will not cure litter. This is something they failed to consider in NYC and other places that have banned one type of material for another. The litter is still there…just in a different form.
- 5 chains including Dunkin Brands posted growth and share in optimistic outlook for 2015
- Coffee is not just coffee anymore. I love coffee. Drink at least 4 cups a day and I’ve never even heard of Jamaican Blue Mountain dark roast. Coffee, like a lot of sectors in the food business is, or I should probably say has, become very specialized catering to consumers specific wants. Don’t believe me? Next time you are near an area where food trucks frequent, count up the different types of food each truck specializes in.
Food Packaging & Restaurant News
Tuesday, January 13th, 2015